How do I get started on a submission?
- First, familiarize yourself with how much a trillion dollars is and the federal budget using our resources or your own research.
- Please read through the Rules, Terms, and Conditions!
- Think about the message you want to send. What is important to you? How does the Federal Budget match up to your priorities? If you don’t know, and you need more information on the Federal Budget, visit National Priorities Project and explore!
- Now that you know lots about the Federal Budget, how it affects you, and what parts of it you’d like to change, you’re ready to plan your video. You can approach this any way that inspires you. For past festivals, people have written skits and songs, mini-documentaries, infomercials, etc. We encourage creativity! If you need help, take a look at our Video Making Toolkit.
- Entries are due on February 1, 2015, but we will gladly accept them early. When you have completed your film, upload it to YouTube and tag it IHTDfilms2015, then fill out the IHTD submission form. WE CANNOT ACCEPT AN ENTRY THAT IS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A SUBMISSION FORM. Once we have received everything, we will manually send you a confirmation email within 48 hours.
The festival will take place in Washington, D.C. over a weekend in the Spring, where the makers of selected films will have the opportunity to meet each other and meet with members of Congress and share their budget priorities. Please stay tuned to this website for details on the Washington DC World Premiere and Leadership Training!